I know, you’ve probably read the title and thought “but 2016 is almost over…” Well, I know that. But… sometimes we set ourselves goals to help with motivation, determination and just to feel good when we complete them. Of course, I try not to set myself too many goals or goals that aren’t achievable. This only causes my anxiety to peak, heart to race and feel overwhelmed with that feeling of not being good enough.
This year has been a bit different for me. I guess you could say I’ve gone through a lot. Good memories & bad memories. But with each struggle, with each miraculous & exciting event, I’ve grown. I honestly believe that I have learnt more about myself in 2016 than I have in any other year of my life. I’ve given up on negativity, connected with people from all over the world and successfully built up my blog and Instagram. Oh and I’ve met the most amazing group of “Insta Girls” who appreciate me for me. We bounce ideas off each other, give honest opinions and most of all, we support each other. It’s truly amazing what the internet can do for friendships.
Every morning, I wake up content with my life. Nice house, great boyfriend & a loving family – what more could I want right? But is being content enough for me? Some days – yes, some days – no. I want to be happy, I want to be excited, I want to be myself again every single day of the year. And one day I will be my bubbly, crazy self again. For now, I set myself goals & I strive to achieve them. Whether it’s it’s a small goal like connecting with an old friend again or uploading a selfie to Instagram, it doesn’t matter. Their all wins in my opinion.
- Wake up smiling every day
- Connect with old friends
- Go out for the night at least once
- Start losing weight & eating healthier
- Get a part-time job
- Have at least 3-4 blog posts written up in advance
- Write at least 500 words per day
- Launch my Freebies page (Ticked this off yesterday!)
- Create an Etsy store with Media Kits & Blog Planner Designs
- Meet some of my new blogging friends
- Reach 10k followers
- Clean up my feed & make it more cohesive
- Feature in more of my photos
- Make even more amazing new friends
- Collaborate with some of my favourite brands
Do you have goals you would love to achieve by the end of 2016? Leave me a comment below and share your passions with me!